Mrs. Margaret Kinsella has been teaching at St. Francis Xavier Catholic School for 21 years. This will be her ninth year teaching 3rd grade. Mrs. Kinsella was born and educated in New York. She graduated from St. John's University with a bachelor's degree in Elementary Education and earned her master's degree in Special Education from CUNY of Staten Island. Before moving to Gettysburg in 1990, Mrs. Kinsella taught classes of children with learning disabilities and autism.
Mrs. Kinsella and her husband have two adult sons who attended St. Francis Xavier School.
Just a Reminder
Please remember to sign test papers and return them in the Wednesday white folder each week.
Do remember to read the Wednesday News for updates of school events
Class Lessons for Week of February 19
Language Arts - The children will read and discuss the story, Elizabeth Leads the Way. Vocabulary words will be introduced and studied using our vocabulary series and vocabularyworkshop.com on chrome books.
Creative Writing - Research project on US Presidents
Spelling - A list of 20 words will be stapled in the children's planner. Tuesday: Basic -Words in ABC order; Wednesday: Basic - words (1-10) written 3xs each and Bonus - Words in ABC order; Thursday: Basic - Words (11-20) written 3xs each and Bonus - words (1-10) written 3xs each; Study nightly. Test on Friday.
Math - Upcoming lessons include fractions. Rocket Math for practicing the multiplication tables. Check planner for homework.
Religion - The faith focus of the week centers on the holy season of Lent. Continue to study the 10 commandments and Faith Bee questions each night.
We hold you in our prayers each day. Have a wonderful week!
Supply List for 2017-2018
These Items can be purchased at school:
- 2 Composition books-$2/ea
- 4 Writing tablets - $2.00 each
- 1 Student planner - $4.50
- Art Fee - $10.00
Total cost - $26.50
- 7 Folders with bottom pockets
- 2 Red pens for checking work
- 2 Yellow highlighters
- 5 Pencils with erasers (no mechanical pencils)
- 1 Scissor
- 2 Glue sticks
- 1 Pack of construction paper
- 1 Pack of colored pencils
- 1 Box of crayons (no more that 24)
- 3 Boxes of tissues
- 1 Soft pencil case
- 1 Ruler (cm. and in.)
- 1 Small pencil sharpener with cover
- 1 Big eraser
- 2 Stretchy size large book covers
- 1 Pack of multiplication flash cards (for home study)
- 1 Container of disinfectant wipes
- 1 Pack of 3x5 white index cards – 100 count
- 1 Plastic index card box
- 1 School bag
- 1 Seat sack from 2nd grade (new seat sacks can be purchased at school for $8.00