Mrs. Margaret Kinsella has been teaching at St. Francis Xavier Catholic School for 21 years. This will be her ninth year teaching 3rd grade. Mrs. Kinsella was born and educated in New York. She graduated from St. John's University with a bachelor's degree in Elementary Education and earned her master's degree in Special Education from CUNY of Staten Island. Before moving to Gettysburg in 1990, Mrs. Kinsella taught classes of children with learning disabilities and autism.
Mrs. Kinsella and her husband have two adult sons who attended St. Francis Xavier School.
Just a Reminder
Step Up Day will be held Monday, May 21, beginning at 8:30. Please check your child's homework folder for summer assignments and supply list given to them by their 4th grade teachers.
This Friday, May 25, all children will be dismissed at noon.
Do remember to read the Wednesday News for updates of school events
Class Lessons for Week of May 14
Language Arts - End of the year reading tests. Individual reading cards. Research for bird report.
Spelling - No spelling words this week
Math - . Multiplication facts reviewed ,. Test on the 8 and 9xs tables on Wednesday. End of the year Dibels testing for computation and math concepts and applications,
Religion - The faith focus of the week centers on the marks of the church and the Sacraments of service: Holy Orders and Matrimony. .
We hold you in our prayers each day. Have a wonderful week!
Supply List for 2018-2019
These Items can be purchased at school:
- 2 Composition books-$4,00
- 3 Writing tablets - $6.00
- 1 Student planner - $4.50
- Art Fee - $10.00
Total cost - $24.50
- 7 Folders with bottom pockets
- 2 Red pens for checking work
- 2 Yellow highlighters
- 5 Pencils with erasers (no mechanical pencils)
- 1 Scissor
- 2 Glue sticks
- 1 Pack of white copy paper
- 1 Pack of colored pencils
- 1 Box of crayons (no more that 24)
- 3 Boxes of tissues
- 1 Soft pencil case
- 1 Ruler (cm. and in.)
- 1 Small pencil sharpener with cover
- 1 Big eraser
- 2 Stretchy size large book cover
- 1 Container of disinfectant wipes (from the boys)
- 1 Package of gallon size ziploc bags (from the girls)
- 1 Pack of 3x5 white index cards – 100 count
- 1 Plastic index card box (to hold index cards)
- 1 School bag
- 1 Pack of multiplication flash cards (for home)
- 1 Seat sack from 2nd grade (new seat sacks can be purchased at school for $8.00